Discussion » Technology » Like killing animals?

  • Shane
    Shane wrote:

    One of my friends is organizing fishing and hunting trips to canada.

    You can hunt many different animals and fish, including Bear, wolf, carribou, salmon, etc.

    All the animals can be preserved, mounted, and returned to China to be displayed in your home or office. We have contacted the Chinese government about this, it is perfectly legal.

    The housing will be in cabins, so it will be very comfortable.

    All the guides are experienced hunters with many years of experience.

    All the visas and gun-permits will be expediated because this program will be organized with help from the government. Getting visas and gun-permits will be no problem.

    Would anyone be interested in this sort of thing? All nationalities are welcome to join.

    I am still waiting to find out about prices from my friend.

    If anyone has ideas on how to advertise this kind of program, please help me! : )

  • Tian 王倚天

    Better do it soon before the Harper government succeeds in banning the use of firearms for recreational purposes.

    Btw can Canadians participate in this too?

  • Shane
    Shane wrote:

    @Alex

    Well, hunting isn't stopping. Being so, it is probably better to preserve an animals remains rather than discard it.

    I don't care enough either way to put myself in a position of arguing the morality of the issue. To each their own, I guess?

    @Tian

    Yeah certainley they can, I don't have all the details yet though. Are you interested?

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Not a vegetarian and I love my meat (beef, pork, mutton, chicken, duck, goose, pigeon, snake, deer, horse, fish, turtle ... have not tried dog yet) ... personally, I would only hunt if it is for survival, but not for fun ...

     

  • Tian 王倚天

    Shane: I'm in the army, I hunt my fellow coworkers..animals is fun but I eat what I kill...except coworkers. However if you're doing it up in Ontario drop by Toronto! lol

    Peter: It's totally about penis envy...look at the size of dem dicks on horses, and moose and shit...we have the smallest of all...KILL THOSE BIG DICK BASTARDS!

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    A word about "Confucious", there is a new movie coming up with Chow Yun Fat as Confucious ... I think it might change how some of you think about his teaching ...

     

  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:

    Am I in courtroom? fierce debating...:-)

    Wheather or not we should abolish the legality of hunting is related to to what degree should we respect the rights that animals have.

    Should we regard animals as equal as humans? or should we care about them but they are always inferior to us? Should we forget our animal nature and become more ethical and moral or should we just follow the rule of jungle - when we have the ability, we hunt them, fish them, cage them, watch them...

    I have no answer right now. I want to be nice to animals, but at the same time I still enjoy the flavor of spicy chicken wing, going fishing, putting the money on horse race, watching all kinds of animals' shows in zoos...

    Alex's perspectives are right in the long run, - we need to restrict the behaviors of people in order to make the world more ethical.

    Peter's are more practical considering human's nature...

     

     

  • Jin Shu
    Jin Shu wrote:

    being vegetarian is so great!

  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

    I didn't read through the thread, but just wanted to add that I enjoy shooting stuff.

    It's good sport, it exercises natural wisdom (thinning surplus animal populations), bonding with the grandpappy (and the local community), getting in touch with nature (via exploring it and learning about animal tracking), providing my own food source...not to mention polishing the barrels of my big guns.

    These are all valuable effects of hunting.

    That is all.

  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

    You guys are just so...- -!

    I had to say I sometimes dreamt of killing people from distance with something like...a "0.50", and i like watching violent movies. Aggressivity is a part of our nature, but kinds of "social standards" or "restrictions" do exist. And while a certain society got a certain "standard" at a certain period of time, it still doesn't mean everyone in the group should all agree with the "standard", let along that the "standard" changes with time.

    As for me, hunting sounds fun but maybe i won't do it coz killing animals with comparatively more advanced nervous system for the purpose of entertainment makes me feel not so good. However, i think it's not important what my opinion is, what i really want to say is: this is not a right-or-wrong issue at all, but just a issue that involves people with different point of views--views that will make contributions in forming the current and near furture "standards" as I stated in the first paragraph, but not something to be and could be examined by nature laws and proved by logic of nature science. Eg. "will killing all carnivores eventually results in totally damage of world ecosystem?" this is a right-or-wrong issue: you can find nature facts predicting the result and proving your idea. And "Is regulated hunting moral?" is not a right-or-wrong issue: someone may think its immoral, while others think its totally ok -- the two sides just spoke out their opinions, and they just hold different opinions, that's all. Who can prove their opinion "right"? what right? how right? how to prove? with what?

    OK, i'll stop here. I really cannot fully express myself due to my lack of english, hahaha. Hope you guys can read much advanced Chinese someday~~~

    Go on talking pals. speak out your feeling and listen to others' with respect, avoid making judgements, and calm down......

  • Shane
    Shane wrote:

    Yes, Americans enjoy hunting. Many other people do to, as a matter of fact. It involves guns and removing the ability of organisms to further progress in development.

    And its fun.

    And its better than shooting people

    And you can mount these things on your wall.

    And its very hard to do in China.

    And you can do it in Canada if you'd like.

    And Canadians have some interesting patterns of speech.

    And Germans love sausages.

    And potatoes are brown.

    (oh shit, what about Yams... are those potatoes... but they are orange?)

    Is there a point behind the pointlessness?

    Time to pass out because I've drank far too much for a monday night.

  • Tian 王倚天

    Alex: Toronto is a city, you can't hunt in Toronto you fucking moron...African Zulu or not...LOL

  • Tian 王倚天

    Älëx

    14 September 2009 - 23:39

    It was not that serious but anyway I wrote that they catch the next flight to Toronto. Where do flights go to? Cities or not?

    PS: Yellow bastard.

    -----

    Hey Alex, next time have the balls to diss me in front of all the other yellow bastards alright? racist bigot..lol

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Making racist comments and personal insults really brings down the "fun" of any discussion ... afterall, we are here to voice our opinions, and maybe (a huge "maybe") to learn something from each other, although in my case, as someone said to me "haven't you learnt anything", hahaha ...

    Alex, I have some old porn stuff, if you would like to read them ... dont have them in German though, only English ... my mother threw away all my Chinese porn ... oh, but I do have a few Chinese books about insurance and financial planning ...

     

  • Tian 王倚天

    I dissed you because the things you say are stupid, you have some of the dumbest and narrow minded views on this entire website, and you go on and on about it.

    Annoying other readers? HA..have you seen the shit you plaster on each and everyone's forum? I didn't know you were SO CARING to my fellow YELLOW BASTARDS. This discussion is about who wants to go hunting...NOT a discussion of human morals...SHUT THE FUCK UP PINKO!

    I'm done here.

  • Tian 王倚天

    PS. You started the so called "attacks" when you told Peter to go read a book, you stupid bigot.

    Now im done..lol

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahaha, Alex, who said that it has words? But no worries ...

     

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    OH? Why should you be so shocked? I am shocked that you are shocked, hahaha, sorry, playing word games again!

    Having seen you writing only in English and German, I was once convinced that you are not Chinese, but then, your "beautiful" English grammar had proven me wrong, over and over again. As a native Chinese, you would most certainly know about the food culture of Chinese, and maybe you have even heard of this: "食在广州,穿在苏州,玩在杭州,死(寿)在柳州" ... and as far as Guang Zhou itself is concerned, there is one famous saying: "天上飞的,地上爬的,海里游的,只要是背朝天就能吃的"

    Oh, when I said "turtle", I actually meant "tortoise", i.e. 甲鱼 (also known as 水鱼), not 龟 ... again, as a Chinese yourself, you will most certainly know that tortoise has an important place in Chinese medicine, and hence considered a delicacy in Chinese restaurants, similar to 鮑參翅肚 (abalone, sea cucumber, shark's fin and fish maw) ... I dont really remember if I have ever eaten 龟, may be?

    Yes, I am sure I have eaten kangaroos before, it tasted just like beef ... and no, I dont pick up dead kangaroo bodies (not "bodys", can never understand why you insisted on writing English) ... you can find good cuts of kangaroo meat from supermarkets and also order it from many fancy restaurants ... and FYI, though "kangaroo" is a symbol of Australia, it is also a major threat to the Australian farmers, because they consumed the plantation necessary for herding cows, sheeps and horses etc, hence it is legal to hunt them, not for fun, but to protect the live stocks and hence business

    Oh, what you had described is really the life of savages ... I am not sure what prompted you to ask that, but it was (again) a clear display of you ignorance and rudeness, but because you had asked me similar questions many times before, so I guess I simply must forgive you ...

    To these days, I have yet to try dogs and cats yet ... been pondering about it though ...

     

  • くり
    くり wrote:

    Yes, Americans enjoy hunting. Many other people do to, as a matter of fact. It involves guns and removing the ability of organisms to further progress in development.

    seems that americans can only hunt animals,as soon as they invade another country they just get their ass kicked badly:vietnam,korea,afganistan,iraq...

    And its fun.

    funnier would be shot at hunters...

    And its better than shooting people

    well depends,with some people is way funnier and makes more sense

    And you can mount these things on your wall.

    like some tribes in afrika do with skulls?

    And its very hard to do in China.

    thats a good point of chinese government

    And you can do it in Canada if you'd like.

    well a bad point about canada

    And Canadians have some interesting patterns of speech.

    who gives a sh...

    And Germans love sausages.

    depends where.I've seen more kebabs than sausages in germany

    Time to pass out because I've drank far too much for a monday night.

    go back to bar, the 3litun bar association thanks u

  • Shane
    Shane wrote:

    Lets not talk about military history, ok German?

    You cannot hold a countries people responsible for the governments actions. You, above all, should know that.

    If your not interested in joining a hunting trip to canada, don't type here.

  • くり
    くり wrote:

    well germany ask and paid sorry for more than 50 years,every person responsible for its crimes has been arrested and put under trail,can we say the same thing about US?

    What about all dictatorship which ur government has support in South america_What about the middle east?Has Bush been arrested for crimes against humanity after the ilegal invasion of iraq?what about who nuked 2 cities killing millions of civilians?

    You got a strange concept about military history

  • Shane
    Shane wrote:

    Yes, you hate america. Great. People like you are a dime a dozen.

    I can give you a pat on the back if it will make you feel better.

    I didn't come here to fuel your pointless arguing.

     

    Happy arguing!

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    I still prefer discussing about food ... history and military ... not very tasty subjects ...

    I dont mind German or American food, but both are usually fatty ...

     

  • くり
    くり wrote:

    wel,l i dont hate america,just dont like to see this double standard,i.e countless memorials of 9.11 while i don't see one about the massacre and terrorist act the us government did in the world...

     

  • くり
    くり wrote:

    and then i have to read a entry like °do u like killing animals?"...wtf....

  • くり
    くり wrote:

    Alright, I don't blame all americans either but it wasn't me to start with such a kind of statement "Yes, Americans enjoy hunting. Many other people do to, as a matter of fact"..

    while talking about german and ww2,i think everyone in the world knows about it,and germany(and im not german)has paid and is still paying for it...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc