Discussion » Beijing Life » what does China attract you most?

• MoMo
    MoMo wrote:

My friends are doing a research about what China attract foreigners most???

What kind of presents you always buy for your foreign friends ?

Do you have any expect of these presents?

• MoMo
    MoMo wrote:

yes...that is the research about...

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

ancient China produced unique things that are categoried as culture relics now, nowdays China produces everything but nothing special...I don't know what to give out as gifts...do teaching my friends some Chinese slangs or dirty words count? haha

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Being the prince of half-blood, I am not qualified to answer the first question ...

Certain food produces are often difficult to find among the shops in foreign country, and that's what I might get ... as well, some small made-in-China handy tools (kitchen, household) are usually more expensive overseas than China

Expectation? The food produces as mentioned are not in the expensive category, so the expectation is that they taste OK, is authentic and does not cause harm or sickness once eaten ... as for those cheap tools, I would expect them to last a year or two before broken etc ...

• Shuhai Niu
    Shuhai Niu wrote:

i think that there are some special things which attract everyone to love it

• MoMo
    MoMo wrote:

yes,my friends asked me this..I dont know what to say either.I think only those foriegners who just come china for a short time...such as travelling..may buy many stuff like calligraphy ,tea...The rest may be attracted by other things which can not tell..just a feeling here..........

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

Frankly, it's being able to live a relatively upscale lifestyle while working half as much as I did back home. I didn't even want to come to China specifically, I just wanted to teach English. My first choice was the Czech Republic, but my ex gf wanted to go to China, and I didn't really care too much one way or the other. Funny thing is, she has been gone for a year and I'm still here.

As for presents....I bring people baijiu because my words can't convey how terrible it is. They have to experience it firsthand.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.