• Olive Zhu
    Olive Zhu wrote:

What a beautiful day today.I can see very clearly the mountains from my office on 25th floor.Really want to get out of the office buidling immediately, what i am going to do?maybe just sitting in one outdoor caffee and watching beauties and cute boy.

Already made decision to ride my bike tomorrow, the destination is houhai,after 1 or 2 hours riding,find a nice place,have a cup of espresso,take a book,it does not matter read or not.

Sounds good and so relaxed.

Any good idea?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Personally, I would feel the same, because I cannot ride a bike ... on the other hand, I dont feel safe to drive in Beijing ... think I will just walk, or take a taxi ... hahaha

• Einsteinna
    Einsteinna wrote:

In my opinion, u can ride when the sun goes down, but dont forget the long-sleeved clothes.There has a little bit cold in bj when the sun goes down!

By the way, I ride back just now, with my ipod. Feel good when the breeze touch ur body!

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

i bike to the gym (ca. 20min away) for jogging, caught by heavy rain once or twice, was fun though. always with music plugged in ear of course and i enjoy it to ride without my glasses on (i can only see about 1m far without them), came into some quite dangerous situation though but the world just look so different, pure impressionism LOL, especially when it's getting dark.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

It's been 3 months since I completed my last tour de 4th ring road, fat perversely accumulated again...><

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

fat accumulating at the right places on girls creats perfect boobs and lovely love handle; fat accumulated on me is called "life buoy" by my female collegues...while you girls gain asset, I gain "one-pack" abdominal muscle...(-_-)

What you've seen is terrible. compare to rural area, traffic in BJ is much more regulated. I admire those guys who frequently go for the inter-provinces adventurous long ride--most of their route is on the wild dual-lane second level national or provincial highway, on which lots of crazy truckmen fantasize their "prime optimus" could accelerate and brake like a GTR

• Da Fan
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Sheryl:

Err...I've imagined how the word comes from, now UD proves me right--the "handle" is on you ladies' waists, we are the holder ;)

Some majoy crossroad do have "turn-right" traffic signal, but most don't. The exact rule for those no-turn-right-sign crossroads is: cars that gonna turn right should give way to pedestrains first. but as you know, regretfully few drivers ever obey the rule...

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

auto mobiles kill 300k people per year, 1/3 casualties are in China...I consider the current punishments superficial, many irrisponsible drivers deserve life-long driving ban--this is the most lenient one.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Beijing is much safer actually. Around 200-300 people were killed this year (until now) within urban area, could be much less than the stats. of NYC. Of course you can imagine the reason: few cars can drive that fast on those congested roads to kill someone, and giant trucks are not allowed to come in.

The much-harder-hit area is the national and provincial highways/expressway as I stated before.

Btw, one thing is for sure: foreign drivers really need a period of time getting used to kinds of traffic situations in Beijing. Most accidents are not fatal or even won't hurt someone, but could make your car looks bad

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.