Discussion » Beijing Life » Is a baby important/necessary for a family?

• Janet Peng
    Janet Peng wrote:

Just wondering.

If your partner cannot have a baby or he/she doesn't want to have one, will you still marry him/her?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

To answer the two original questions:

1. It is not necessary, but it could be important ... if a couple have seperate lives, both work and social, having a baby could help bring them closer together ...

2. Yes ... I would ... although I cannot speak for everyone in this community

By the way, it is "adopt", not "adapt" ... "adoption" is not so widely accepted among Chinese, because the tradition is "flesh and blood", whereas in the western world, they are more about "human kindness", this is obvious from the number of children being adopted after the SiChuan earthquake ...

There are far too many reasons that one do not want to have a child, some of these reasons might reflect whether he/she loves you, many others is a matter of understanding and acceptance ...

• Tian 王倚天
  • Jem Lim
    Jem Lim wrote:

Well Janet, it really depends on the couple's arrangement.

If you will ask me, I don't think it is written in stone that every couple should have kids. And if in any case my partner is impotent or finds it impossible to procreate - as long as we love each other, I don't see any reason to leave him. I'll stick by my man, no matter what.

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

I actually consinder an inability to get pregnant a very attractive quality in a girl.

• Pearl Chan
    Pearl Chan wrote:

It's fine with me if he's physically challenged.

If it is a matter of the will, maybe you wanna weigh your options carefully. Just keep in mind that we all want to have kids with the one we  love.

• 乌托邦
    乌托邦 wrote:

都是哪的人?

• Jem Lim
    Jem Lim wrote:

@ peter: erectile dysfunction might not be very cool though

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.