Position: Summer Relief Data Inputting & Back Office Assistants
Contract duration:Temporary positions from 20th August - 16th October 2009
Position Open to: Qualified Chinese Nationals and British Nationals with a valid “W” or “Z” visa.
The British Embassy Visa Section in Beijing is looking for native Chinese speakers to fill summer relief positions as Data Inputting & Back Office Assistants. The jobholder will undertake a wide range of tasks, as detailed below.
We are looking for flexible people, who work well in a busy environment.It is extremely important that jobholders are adaptable and show a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks. Fluency in the English language is essential, as is a positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team.
- To take the Biometric details of applicants
- Receptionist and Telephonist switchboard duties
- Inputting data from Visa Application Forms onto the UKBA in-house software system
- Visa Application Centre liaison assistant
- To accurately link documents to applications
- File retrievaland responsibility for filing and weeding of applications
- Messenger duties, distributing files around the section as requested
- Updating computer records
- Other administrative duties, as required
Requirements on competencies and skills:
- Good standard ofEnglish
- Strong IT skills, knowledge of MS Office applications
- A typing speed of at least 30 wpm
- Enthusiasm, confidence and the ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to change
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organisational and communication skills
- A proven track record working either in a similar environment or in a similar role would be advantageous
- Beijing ‘Hukou’ is desirable
- Ability to obtain satisfactory security clearance