Discussion » Nonsense » Which sport do you like most?

• Fredy Moreira
    Fredy Moreira wrote:
    Lets talk about sports... which sport do you like most? My favorite is football (soccer). BTW, if you like football, join this group: http://weliveinbeijing.com/group/group.rails?Gid=1000001297 Lets try to get some people and play all together!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Only need to like, but no need to play well, right?

1. Cricket
    2. Snooker
    3. Table tennis
    4. Hockey - dont play it at all

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

Basketball so far is my fav

i like playing water in swimming pool too..does it count?

anyone go play basketball sometimes?

• Fredy Moreira
    Fredy Moreira wrote:

alright.. do you like to play those or only watch?

I don't even know the rules of Cricket.. haha.. I've watched my first time in China...

I don't know what people have to do... I only know that they must protect their sticks. :P

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

Basketball so far is my fav

i like playing water in swimming pool too..does it count?

anyone go play basketball sometimes?

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

I was sort of professional on soccer when I was in high school and in college, but I have not touched it for more than two years...fat accumulated then...what a pity

Swimming is my favorite right now, I go to the pool almost everyday. And I'm fond of skiing in winter.

• Teresaliu
    Teresaliu wrote:

badminton,i like zhangning and lindan,lol.

• Gavin
    Gavin wrote:

tennis is my best friend, and my racket SIX-ONE is with me for four years, hehe ,

• Fredy Moreira
    Fredy Moreira wrote:

oh.. really, Da Fan? BTW, where are you from? I am from Brazil... we could try to find some people to play with.. 

what do you say?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... "protect their stick" ... that is so funny, and you are kind of correct! I am more a spectator than participator, and the thread is about "like", not "play" anyway ...

I dont know all the rules, so I am not going to teach anyone about the game, and also no one knows the game ... I just liked it because it is a easy (and lazy) way to kill time (the minimum is one full day for one match, or 5 days for international test matches)

Oh, I forgot to mention Rugby (League and Union) and Australian Rules are OK too ...

• Man TianFei
    Man TianFei wrote:
    my favorite are YOGA and RUN. LIKE shoot Basketball too,。
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

Eating cheeseburgers and drinking beer. Great hand-mouth coordination and great for the biceps.

I used to regularly play basketball, baseball and dodgeball, as well as hike and swim, while living in the States.

But now it's just cheeseburgers and beer.

• Frieda
    Frieda wrote:

JUDO~~YOGA~~JOGGING~~SWIMMING~~BADMINTON......etc......

• Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:

American football - Running/jogging - Soccer - Basketball...

If anyone wanna play with me x)..

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Hey, Fredy, u from Brazil? Wow, u must be good at what u had to be good at, haha.

I stopped playing it coz i got my leg injured in skiing two years ago, then I never picked it up...I'd love to play, but I think right now I can't keep running actively for more than ten second-effect of gravity on extra fat, haha. Maybe I'll come to watch if u guys are organized, and practice shooting first!

Soccer...it reminds me of the time when I could finish 100m within 11.5s, and 400m for 51s...HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT???>_<

• MoMo
    MoMo wrote:

swimming.....always my favorite

• Fredy Moreira
    Fredy Moreira wrote:

yeah, I am from Brazil. But it doesn't means anything... You know... actually, most of the brazilians don't know how to play football. In Brazil, u can find many people who like to play.. but it doesn't means that they are good. They just like to play...

For sure, even the bad players, they are better than the 'good' chinese players. hahaha..

Anyway.... I am trying to find some people to play with... If I find, I invite u and u go there to watch or play with us...

Aurélien:  are u living in Beijing? 

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

I like combat spots, particularly boxing and mixed martial arts. I really have no interest in most non-violent sports, such as basketball, soccer, baseball and so on.

Being Canadian I am of course genetically pre disposed to like hockey. And North American football is a pretty good game I used to play back in the days of my youth.

• Ferra
    Ferra wrote:

soccer

always  soccer

• Fredy Moreira
    Fredy Moreira wrote:

Peter: Do you really think football isn't violent? haha...

Ferra: do you play often in Beijing?

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Errr...I think football is much more violent if you wish...

• Keer Tan
    Keer Tan wrote:

I play badminton every weekend with my friends. 

• Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:

I heard that soccer is violent ifyou play against the Chinese national team :p

I don't really like Rugby, okay they are tought. But seriously, does this sport have strategy ? Damn, they are just running and instead of playing the pass they just go get crushed by another players... But that's what I think, and it's certainly stupid x)

Fredy, I'm in France now, I'll come here from AUG 21. If you wanna play, no probs, tought I didn't play for years >_>. Still that I guess I still can play, I was in a club for 5-6 years.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

I doubt if any sports with a team of 15 (each side) running on the field can be played without any kind of strategy ... anyway, which type of Rugby do most of you watch? League or Union? I am guessing League ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Oh, women's beach volleyball ....

Sir Doom, where can I find a good taco in Beijing?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Ditto for FYO "flying your own" ... I often bought ingredients when I go to Hong Kong and Sydney ... try to imagine the same 500g of Parmesan, costing 70+RMB in Beijing, but less than half if I get it from Oz ...

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

Fredy, soccer is not really violent compared to say, muay thai kickboxing or NFL football. These are sports where the object is to hurt people. In soccer they penalize you for it. In combat spots you are rewarded for it.

• Fredy Moreira
    Fredy Moreira wrote:

Aurélie: For sure we can play.. and I am sure that even without playing for a long time, u are better than chinese people...

Omfg... u will understand me when u see they playing...

Peter: I got ya... 

Sheryl: so.. you think boys need to bleed. Do you hate boys that much? What did ur ex-bf do to ya? haha.. juz kiddin

• Fredy Moreira
    Fredy Moreira wrote:

haha... c'mon, it was just a joke..

• Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:

Please... Aurélien, not Aurélie, Aurélie is a girl's name :D

Sure, I saw the national team playing last time, against France. They injuried 3 of our players xD...

Damn, I do like "to see boys shed some blood on the field", is it normal ?

• Fredy Moreira
    Fredy Moreira wrote:

oh, sorry aurélien.. I forgot the 'n'.

but I think there isn't too much difference on the pronunciation.

Well.. at least, if I say ur name in portuguese there isn't a big difference. Maybe in french there is..  

• Pomatree
    Pomatree wrote:

I like to watch most sports than playing apart,like football, tennis, crieket, and most of the Olympic games sports. and especially enjoy them more for better bodies.

nothing i'd love more this summer is turning into a black rapper like skin color in the hot sun by the swimming pool surroudded by beautiful old trees. then jump in to be an orange seahorse.swimming.

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

jogging, badminton, bicycle, sex?

• Peter S 李贝勒

agree, sex is the best... let s do it again... 

• forget
    forget wrote:

jogging, badminton, hiking ...

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

how about lets do it together?  \m/_ 666 _\m/

DIY is the lesser exercise that ppl have invented, but ppl are also less brilliant than god, right?

• Jia Jia
    Jia Jia wrote:

snowboarding, billiards

• Tian 王倚天

I use to do MMA, Boxing, Wrestling and TKD all the time, However I was recently in a car accident and suffered a broken hip bone.

I took up tennis as a rehab sport, and now I am addicted..expensive sport though.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    a fxxk a day, keep doctors away!
  • X-ray
    X-ray wrote:

table tennis  ,badminton.  i love playing badminton . Playing badminton is fun   i think

• Fredy Moreira
    Fredy Moreira wrote:

Oh.. for me this topic was dead.. hehe..

anyway.. 

Alex: I don't like to watch Brazil neither.. not because they are showing off.. 

I don't like because I hate Dunga (brazilian coach). Also because Brazil starts the game thinking that already won it. I only like to watch Brazil playing in the World Cup or the Confedarations Cup. The Confedarations Cup's final against USA was soo good.

Nowadays, Brazil national team isn't as good as before. In 2006 was a big deception when Brazil lost against France. We had the best team that year, wih Kaká, Ronaldinho Gaúcho, Ronaldo, Adriano, Lúcio, Juan and many others. 

I don't know what happened to us that time... anyway... lets see what is going to happen next year, in South Africa.. hehe..

Webslave: If u wanna do it with them, go on.. but I am not including myself on this orgy.. haha...

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

It's my pleasure helping you said it out my lady :)

• Joy-C
    Joy-C wrote:

Tennis, jogging, biking...

• Fn Scotsman
    Fn Scotsman wrote:
    Speaking for myself , I love to watch Rugby. And I practice rowing, sailing and martial arts to stay fit.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Hey Sheryl, recently i'm reviewing the forever classical Lord of the Ring trilogy, maybe it's the reason why that wording came out of my mouth, hehe.

• NN
    NN wrote:

cycling

baskeball

bowling(I love it a lot ^^)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.