Discussion » Health & Fitness » Will you fell in love with a dumb?

• Man TianFei
    Man TianFei wrote:
    He/She is gorgeous, but can't speak, will you fell in love with her/him. How important is language in the love?
  • Man TianFei
    Man TianFei wrote:
    it is "fall", not" fell" . why can't modify ?
  • Richie
    Richie wrote:

'Fall' or 'Fell' isn't so important, but IMO you should ask if communicaiton is important in love, not language (if you're talking about relation with someone verbally impaired).

1. Communication is crucial - but is it only restricted to verbal communication??

2. Is love based on superficial beauty only???

Why am I wasting my time replying.... :S

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... the word "gorgeous" had made the whole discussion a little too superficial, agreed?

If we could generalise this to two human beings who dont speak a common language (i.e. you and someone from foreign country), would you fall in love with him/her? If the chemistry is right, then the obvious answer is "yes" ... though the barrier of communication could become a problem, because you would want him/her to be able to talk to your friends and your family, and vice versa ...but most importantly ... you two will need to be able to communicate ...

Now, if we consider a specific case, where he/she cannot speak at all (or hear for the same argument), and if you want to continue and develop the relationship which needs "communication", you will need to be accomodating and learn the sign language ... that's really all ...

• Man TianFei
    Man TianFei wrote:
    haha,thank u for your answer. especially Peter, Award of a kiss :-)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

If the chemistry (or spark) is there, no language barrier (or difficulty) cannot be breached ... the example of Hawkins might be a bit extreme, it does not mean he is not capable of feelings, and "loneliness" is perhaps one of them ...

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

Communication is really important to me in a relationship. So the answer is absolutely, 100 per cent no.

• Richie
    Richie wrote:

Peter, I didn't realize that only you knew the answers to all the questions...

Isn't saying verbal communication is the only way of communication between two individuals is too superficial?

Using 'dumb' word is very disrespectful to the verbally impaired people - but i'm not picking anyone on that - maybe the person asking the question couldn't come up with a proper word. But the very basic question still remains - is verbal communication the only way to communicate? is 'gorgeous' only reason to 'fell' in love?

If the person asking the question had deeper feeling for 'dumb' person - he/she would rather be asking 'how can i communicate with a verbally impaired/disabled person' rather than asking 'how important is language (communication)' - communication is the very basis of any form of relationship. How more stupid can the question be??

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... since we are not here to discuss how poorly written was this question, let's not ...

So, Richie, sticking to the question itself, would you fall in love with a verbally impaired/disabled person that you are attracted to?

• Richie
    Richie wrote:

ding dang,

I wouldn't be attracted to a verbally - or in any other way - disabled, nor a normal person based on how gorgeous she is physically. My answer would be a 'yes' if it was just for fun w/ normal person. I'm not sure how strong the our disabled friends would be mentally to accept 'fun' - so i wouldn't even dare to tread that path.

It was extremely difficult to learn the sign language - but the efforts did pay off when I could COMMUNICATE with the hearing impaired children... but that was 17 yrs back n have nearly forgotten the sign language...

Well, in life you may even run into someone speaking a language which you do not understand at all - then isn't that situation very close to meeting a verbally impaired person? If you think you can learn his/her language to communicate, you may do the same with the verbally impaired. So, I still think the person is asking a redundant question. How can human beings live in a society w/o communicating? And does the person asking question think that the verbally impaired people do not communicate w/ others?

Slightly off the topic: Bad choice of words in English?? What about 黑人,瘸子,哑巴,and all other derogatory words used so commonly?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

I am all for "communication", either it be a two-person romance, or in any size of organisation.. so to answer Richie's first question, "damn impossible"

As for Richie's second question, I have chatted with Little's over the last few days, I dont think she meant that at all ... perhaps just a sudden idea in her head, that was not translated into English correctly.

Richie, I dont know where did this "bad choice of words" come from?? Care to elaborate?

• Richie
    Richie wrote:

poorly written means bad/wrong choice of words. Something that came to mind? I don't know this person - but this question rather seems to be 'w/o any thought'.

Actually I'm LMAO - what a bunch of hypocrites and gake 'good men/women' on this website! (Ding Dang, you might not understand what i'm saying... nor do i wanna go down n explain)

• Man TianFei
    Man TianFei wrote:
    这群人真能讲,乱喷出来的词汇一拖拉库地多。基本上,有的看不懂啥意思啊?最好不要讨论本人的英文不好 =)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... Richie, if I could repeat what you said/wrote earlier "Why am I wasting my time replying" ... but you actually came back not once, not twice, but three times, so would that fit the meaning of "hypocrites"? Or do you really need someone to explain that to you?

By the way ... I dont need you to "go down" ... I would find someone else to do that ... thanks for the offer though.

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

language has never been too important in a relationship cause it is only one of many tools in communication. But communication itself is very important. even if you have no problem with speaking and hearing, it is not for sure you really understand what isnt said or spoken.

scientists found out that there is no thinking without the words, our brain associate terms and ideas with words, i quite dont understand that logic. Anyway, the sound of the voice and the skills of speaking might be relevant in attracting others but in the end when it comes to love, spoken language shouldnt be seen as a nessacery quality.

• -yy
    -yy wrote:

人活着不就是为了那仅存的一点点爱吗?

• Man TianFei
    Man TianFei wrote:
    哈,小辉姑娘,我觉得人活着可以做的事情,除了爱,还有很多。只不过爱是最特别,因为有爱,可以让人有更好的心情去看待这个世界。 至于上面的,一大段一大段的英文看得我头疼,不过有一点,我想说的是:内心丰富又有精神追求的人,当然不会单纯地因为美貌而爱上另一个人;我提问题的时候,加上gorgeous 一词,是因为当一个人有缺陷的时候,至少还有一个什么点,比如超出常人的美貌、智慧或者其他的什么原因,可以增加被爱的几率。因为我知道,我们会爱上一个人,是因为对方身上有我们自己没有而又特别渴望得到的特质。 那些不需要恋爱的人,通常都是因为太自恋或者太自信啦!
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

sometimes i really think, the reason i want to live for would be love, love for the beloved one, love for my family, love for my dearest friends and things i love to do and enjoy. But in the end, i dont think that is the sense of living. But love is still the main drive for my daily life. Here i must say, i observed an huge difference between things i fancy to do and those i end up with doing...

• 微笑的Min
    微笑的Min wrote:

很多恋人到最后不就是因为无法好好交流而分的吗?

不过交流更多依靠的是行动和诚实吧

其实,爱一个人自己能感觉到,对方能感觉到,也有可能大家都能感觉到。。。。

爱得多、少、深、浅都能感觉到,这不都是交流吗

• -yy
    -yy wrote:

我也看的头大,不过还是喜欢看,哈哈。

其实应该谁都需要恋爱吧,也需是有某些原因使人没办法去恋爱;又或者心理很需要爱情,可是却又没办法相信爱情。

你的心态挺好,我觉得我都没什么追求,可悲。。。。。。。

• 圈圈OoO
    圈圈OoO wrote:

不知道楼主有没有看过常盘贵子演的《跟我说爱我》,说的就是一个女孩跟一个聋哑人之间的爱情,其中的一句台词:“只要两人在一起,尽管有时会受伤,伤口总会愈合的,因为我听得见他心里的声音。”所以我想只要能够找到属于两个人自己的沟通方式,爱情路上还是能一路携手走到底的。

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.