Discussion » Health & Fitness » what is the best way to lose fat?

• Tiantian
    Tiantian wrote:

well, i'm 162cm without shoes, and 51kg . but for some reason i still look pretty fat . i want to lose 5 kg more. but seems getting harder and harder....

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

do not consume protein and carbohydrate in one meal, better not within the same day.

• Ramz
    Ramz wrote:

I dont know if you need to lose fat at that weight.. but if you do want to lose fat, its simple:

Run daily

Eat less insulin spiking foods. (foods with simple sugars, Breads, white rice, sweets, etc)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

You did not indicate your real age in your information, so I went to check your photos, and you look like you are only early twenties, is that correct?

If that is the case, based on numbers, age, weight and height, I think you are about average ... if you continue the life style, you should lose a bit of "baby fat" in the next few years

Or, if you want to lose something off the thigh and buttocks area, my wife had learnt about a simple exercise from CCTV, where you have to kneel on the bed (or a mattress or yoga mat) and "walk" back and forth on your knees ... keep doing that for about a month, 30 min everyday, you should see some result ... but you should find it very painful at the beginning, so you could start with 10 or 15 min ...

Hope that helps ...

• Peter S 李贝勒
    a big week of party, dancing, u don t sleep and u eat few and in 7 days u lose more than one year of diet plan ahah
  • 圈圈OoO
    圈圈OoO wrote:

you can sleep all day without eating. but i have to say that you don't look fat at all...really.

• Tiantian
    Tiantian wrote:

well, the other day i meet one of my friend, she said "OMG, look how fat u r right now, r u getting fatter ?"

to be honest, i really want to kill her at that moment!! =(

• Peter S 李贝勒

girls stop to think to much about ur weight! in china i saw so much skinny girls, so slim that the wind can bring them oversea... it s really not beautiful to be like that, not good for doing love, no wave, not sexy... i felt several times really uncomfortable for these girls, and they seem so weak, not healthy... think balance, and think about the painter, who did they paint? girls with waves, trust the eyes of painters... hehe

• Pomatree
    Pomatree wrote:

right, baby, listen to me, the week after the peroid, dont eat dinner, if you have to, eat something like veg and fruits. do a bit excerises to go along. better swimming in the summer, then you'd be happy with the body shape and the perfect skin. 

• 圈圈OoO
    圈圈OoO wrote:

agree with Pierre.

• 圈圈OoO
    圈圈OoO wrote:

i mean the latest idea given by Pierre

• Annia
    Annia wrote:

I'm a painter , but .....wind can bring me overseas tooo....(i'm already oversea, i gonna go over other sea and back to china!  lol ) my problem is how to get more weight!

• Li Yuan
    Li Yuan wrote:

I don't think you are fat at all. one of my Chinese friend has similar boby type like you. One day she told my bf's mom ( a personal trainer) that she is too fat. My bf's mom told her she is crazy. I think all Chinese girls think they are fat. And I think I'm not skinny too. But I get free services or discount when I repair my cars and other stuff in the U.S. My bf never go to repair car with me, cuz otherwise we won't get discount.

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

i am 164cm and weight about 45-46kg these days....there was once 6 years ago that i ate so much everyday, i weighted around 53kg for half a year...

i think i cant gain weight because i have problem with my intestins(?) and cant absorb much nutrients.

i am not suggesting to lose weight this way because its not good...

just exercise more and be careful of what you eat.

lucky im not a chocolate or icecream girl and barely eat snacks

maybe you can try that too

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

Idiot
    That's awesome. 

I gained about 5-6 kilos from sitting on my ass for much of this year ordering food and drinking beer, but I've been getting healthier by getting back on a normal sleep schedule, walking more and eating less fatty foods and replacing the Coke with H20.

Sit ups and push ups should help, and I suppose I'll start doing those sometime in 2010, right after I put down those tasty 15 RMB chicken burgers from the Wudaokou beer garden.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Would it matter if someone fat say something?

I suppose many of you had heard of the story of "Gulliver's Travel" ... he had a shipwreck and landed at a place called Lilliput, occupied by "small people", and he was considered a giant ... after leaving Lilliput, he landed at Brobdingnag, occupied by giants and he was treated as a "toy".

I myself had joined two different gyms for the past three years I had lived in Beijing, and they had these complimentary examination. Not surprisingly, I am considered "over-weight" (even "obese" in one case, and my wife was crying with tears when she heard that), and then they would recommend me joining their personal trainer programme ... however, honestly, for my size and height, I am considered average by Australia standard ...

The point I am trying to make here ... is that all these physical things, fat, thin, tall, short, are very "comparative" ... the most important thing is whether one is being healthy ... being thin or skinny does not guarantee that you are healthy, in fact the fatality of "anorexic" is worse than "obesity" ... and you can still be healthy if you are heavy (or just a little over-weight), though I agree that obese is not healthy either

So ... as Spork said "live long and propser" ...

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

1. fall in love

2. go jogging twice a week

3. become a veggitarian

4. stop any unhealthy food and drinks like chips and coke

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.