Discussion » Nonsense » Help, what would you do if you were me?

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

so, i have had a very busy and exhausting week...finally i managed to get everything done and just want to relax this weekend.

but my high school mate is in town and called me. he asked me if i was doing anything this weekend and i said no. so he wanted to catch up and have dinner. i just didnt feel good to turn that down so i said ok. but we are not in touch all these years and i really have no interest meeting him... now i know i really do not want to go have dinner with him and sit at the table answering all the questions about my job and my life in Beijing.... my weekend is planed and i really dont want to go have dinner.....

what should i do?! would it be bad that i told him i dont want to go anymore? any advice?

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

i know..i should not have said yes in the first place. but it just came out! now i dont know what i can do to fix it.

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

1.Make up an excuse and tell him you can't go.

2. Go ahead with it and hope for the best.

3.Tell him the truth and totally crush his sense of self worth

• Reyes
    Reyes wrote:

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

Thanks, Peter and Reyes

hehe, Peter, you dont think telling the truth is a good idea right? but im not totally comfortable about making up an excuse....

i dont know..maybe i'll choose the excuse option

Pretend to get a call from work and you have to leave... but make sure you finish the alcohol on the table first before your phone rings.

• Kkg
    Kkg wrote:

hey, think positive. u might find all who visit are likely to bring interesting news and useful information.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

No need to lie or have excuses ... just say "no" when you want to say "no", but if your friend is only in town this weekend, and you will not see him for many more years, I suggest drag your feet there

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

Ryan, im probably not going to meet him in the first place. i guess i should not do what i do not want to do, especially he's not a friend, just a classmate back in school.

DingDang, i might not see him for many more years but i really do not care...so i guess i'd say no

Kent, i dont think there would be interesting news..there would only be tons of boring questions....today he called and asked if i was married apparently some old classmates thought i was and somehow he was told so...weird

plus, now i have a good excuse. i need to stay home and wait for stupid irresponsible air con installer to come back and check on the air con...they have wasted so much of my time and now i can use them as an true excuse

Thanks, guys

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

Yep, Tony

thats what i'll say..this is actually a busy weekend..i thought it would be slow...

• NN
    NN wrote:

If I were you,well,still go for the dinner,but call some others company with,so that will not feel embarrassed just be with him,also to be our polite so we attend. :)

But after dinner,you have to speak very honestly to him,just tell what do you think of him,we are still friends,but just friends,that is it :)

• Rebecca Dreiling

I'm sorry, but are we IN high school? Can we please come up with more interesting topics to discuss or are we that desperate for conversation?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ...

Winnie, you said you dont care, then, he is not much of a "mate", is he? How is your air cond by the way?

Rebecca, I think the obvious answer to your question would be "no", since most of us would have finished university or college, and in my case, I am going to get pension soon. And although I dont agree with what Peter had said, Winnie's question deserves attention, and I would like to ask why did you even bother to read and then commented.

Peter ... well, never mind ...

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

Thanks Peter, dingdang for your attention to my question.

No, i dont think he's very much of a friend, as i think friends are usually in touch...

im just back from my friend's place and im super tired. i have to take a nap now in my cold room,yah! dingdang, it's working well now after a fight with the air con guy yesterday.

• Rebecca Dreiling

Peter. Stop with your Chinese Robin Hood act. It's getting REALLY old.

• Ramz
    Ramz wrote:

Man up and go to the dinner.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Robin Hood? Men in tights?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.