Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » Background Noise

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) wrote:

At least two people from this site had asked me how to create "noise", hence I had written the following, and now I am adding the English part. It is far from complete, and if anyone has got question or comment, please feel free to share!

1. Edit your Profile
    选择修改(edit)你的个人档案(Profile)

2. Choose the Description tab
    选择"描述"(Description)那一页

3. You can choose any location on the page to "play" the music
    你可以随便选一个位置来"放置"你的背景音乐

4. Select the "Insert/Edit Embedded Media" icon (on the left of the "spell checking" icon) ... there should be a small fame on top of the screen
    在配置里面,选择"Insert/Edit Embedded Media" (在 spell checking 的左手边的那个键) ... 应该有一个小框框出现在你前面

5. In the File/URL field, select the music that you want to play ... my suggestion is to find the source from the web, and then place the URL in here.
    在 File/URL 这一栏,选择你要的音乐...我建议你从网上找到之后,把连接放到这里,而不要把你的电脑的音乐放到上面,

The advantages are:

(a) Save the time for uploading (and downloading)
    (b) If uploading should fail the first round, then you will need to repeat it, and again, and again ... using a link, saves you the trouble
    (c) No wasting of space on the web ... no need to copy an existing file that is already on the web
    [But the obvious disadvantages of using a link is if this link is blocked, or the MP3 file had been removed, then you will need to edit it... this is really not a big issue 

这样,你可以

(a) 省掉上传(或下载)的时间
    (b) 要是第一次上传失败,要重复一次,两次,很烦的...用连接就不会有这个问题
    (c) 省储存的空间...没必要,把同一个MP3拷贝来播放
    [但,用连接的一个问题,就是要是这个连接被封锁,或MP3被删掉,你就要再修改...我个人觉得这个是小问题]

6. If you want to play a MP3 file, then the "type" field should use Windows Media (Quicktime is OK too)... and if you have done it right, it will start playing the music (I think it plays 30 seconds and then stops)
    如果你要播放MP3,这个Type里面就选Windows Media (Quicktime也可以)...要是你是做的对,它应该马上播放这个背景音乐的前一部分(好像是30秒)

7. If you dont want anyone to be able to stop the music, you can re-size the frame so that the "stop" button cannot be seen
    如果你不想让别人可以把你的背景音乐停下来,你可以把它的框框缩小,把"停止"键藏起来就OK了

8. If you want the music to loop back, go to the Advanced tab, and set the "Count" to some small number,
    如果你想这个音乐重复播放,你可以选择Advanced,然后把Count设置一个数字

These are the basics, if you have any question, please feel free to ask me
    这些是比较基本的...想到什么,欢迎你问我.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

You are welcome

• 微笑的Min
    微笑的Min wrote:

\(^o^)/~

• Fan Rong
    Fan Rong wrote:

so cute,i love 叮当

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

你喜欢就好 :)

• THIS IS A BIG IMAGE

I hope it doesn't auto-play.  I hate that.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

I do prefer it that way ... there is a "advanced" setting for that, whether auto play or manual.

• NN
    NN wrote:

都怪我太懒 没有早点问

现在好幸运哟 看到了答案 我也好想放音乐在我的PAGE上 ^^

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

呵呵...懒,不是罪...只是...懒...要是放音乐有什么问题,可以找我,很有可能是介面的问题...

• John
    John wrote:
    Bump for Mac (马克)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Bump? Or Pump? 马克 ... come see come read ... hahaha, I cannot do the street talk, but my Chinglish is excellent ...
  • John
    John wrote:
    Bump. Yeah I did more than sign a guestbook before all of that craziness happened. This is how you know when someone is just trying to start trouble or is simply trying to make himself look good. Anyway, if someone asks for help I don't mind giving a hand even if I don't know them.
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    Bump, he posts to make your thread at the top of the page. He supports you.
  • John
    John wrote:
    "Bump? Or Pump?"

I just got that! lol!!!

No need for the second as I actually have a future. I was simply disgusted by the way he hid behind a pic that wasn't his and used his anonymity to say the things he said, things he probably wouldn't dare say to me or anyone else in real life.

All of that trash talk was unacceptable. It's one thing if you're joking, its another thing if you're flaming for no reason.

Anyway, guys if you want background music then this is the thread to read!

PEACE
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

... only because someone sweet had asked me very nicely ...

I have modified the instructions in the Word document, simply added the English text, because the previous version was only Chinese ... the Word doc has screen dumps and it should help you to set up the music on your profile ...

If anyone is interested, just came to say hello and drop me your email address ... I would like to send you a PM with the Word doc attached, but last checked, attachment was not working ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

This is the entire content of the Word document, with screen dumps:

1. Edit your Profile
    选择修改(edit)你的个人档案(Profile)

2. Choose the Description tab
    选择"描述"(Description)那一页

3. You can choose any location on the page to "play" the music
    你可以随便选一个位置来"放置"你的背景音乐

4. Select the "Insert/Edit Embedded Media" icon (on the left of the "spell checking" icon) ... there should be a small fame on top of the screen
    在配置里面,选择"Insert/Edit Embedded Media" (在 spell checking 的右手边的那个键)

5. You should see this little dialog box appearing on the screen
    应该有一个小框框出现在你前面

6. In the File/URL field, select the music that you want to play ... my suggestion is to find the source from the web, and then place the URL in here.

The advantages are:

a. Save the time for uploading (and downloading)
    b. If uploading should fail the first round, then you will need to repeat it, and again, and again ... using a link, saves you the trouble
    c. No wasting of space on the web ... no need to copy an existing file that is already on the web

[But the obvious disadvantage of using a link is if this link is blocked, or the MP3 file had been removed, then you will need to edit it... but this is usually not a big issue, because you just need to change another link]

在 File/URL 这一栏,选择你要的音乐...我建议你从网上找到之后,把连接放到这里,而不要把你的电脑的音乐放到上面,这样,你可以

a. 省掉上传的时间
    b. 要是第一次上传失败,要重复一次,两次,很烦的...用连接就不会有这个问题
    c. 省储存的空间...没必要,把同一个MP3拷贝来播放

[用连接的一个问题,就是要是这个连接被封锁,或MP3被删掉,你就要再修改...我个人觉得这个是小问题]

7. If you want to play a MP3 file, then the "type" field should use Windows Media (Quicktime is OK too)... and if you have done it right, it will start playing the music (I think it plays 30 seconds and then stops)

如果你要播放MP3,这个Type里面就选Windows Media,其他的先不教你了...要是你是做的对,它应该马上播放这个背景音乐的前一段(好像是30秒)

8. If you dont want anyone to be able to stop the music, you can re-size the frame so that the "stop" button cannot be seen

如果你不想让别人可以把你的背景音乐停下来,你可以把它的框框缩小,那么观看你的主页就一定要把音乐听上最少一次

9. If you want the music to loop back, go to the Advanced tab, and set the "Count" to some small number,

如果你想这个音乐重复播放,你可以选择Advanced,然后把Count设置一个数字

…….

这些是比较基本的...想到什么,欢迎你问我…

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    Great work 叮噹叔叔 :-)

This is something we definitively could use in some Wiki or FAQ module. Have to figure out how this should be in that case...

Let me know if you're interested in creating more tutorials for users in the future.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... it was just an old working habit that is stuck with me after working for Gates and other evil empires over the years ... I have the original word doc, but the PM attachment is not working (hint hint), I can send it to Jo's email if you want it ...

As for other tutorials, I will help if I can, but I am not sure what else other people might want to do on their profile ... if you have any idea, feel free to let me know ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Ole and friends, since replying on Friday, I had looked at some Wiki and FAQ on the web, and I feel really embarassed that my stuff is far below standard, leave alone being old-fashioned ... a promise is a promise, so I will help all I can, but I need to bring down your expectation about the quality ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

OK ... Mathew, since you had asked ... and in case you have not got it yet ...

If you look at step 5 above, you will see the word "Flash" appearing in the dialog box, so we can assume (and I have proved two or three times now) that we can play Flash as well as MP3 etc ...

Now in step 6, if you can find a valid URL of a SWF file (or similar), just copy and paste it into the "File/URL" field in the same dialog box ...

** by "valid", I mean a URL from a non-secure site (one that does not need user name and password) ... however, after you have done the C&P, you will know almost immediately in step 7, which is the test+preview step **

One more thing perhaps ... you might find that you will need to adjust the "Dimensions" field, and that should be about all there is ... I am not SWF literate, so I dont know about the effect or the "Advanced" tab, do feel free to play with it and write your comments here :)

My advice ... if you are going to do this in the forum thread, but if you are also not very familiar with SWF, I suggest that you play around with it a little in your own "backyard" first, i.e. set it up in the description in your profile ... and when you are happy with it, do it in the forum thread ...

Hope that helps :)
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    thanks ding dang very much informative...i will try it...
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... rise from the ashes ...

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

Phoenix spreads wings^^

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.