Discussion » Nonsense » Bike - How many

• Joakim Lund Rangel
    Joakim Lund Rangel wrote:

Question:

How many times is your bike stolen?

• Joakim Lund Rangel

I`m gonna start!

I bought my first bike in Beijing May 25th.
      - It got stole outside 7-eleven/pyro Wudaokou June 5th.

I bought my second bike June 6th
      - It got stolen outside the office door (inside the building) June 17th.

I bought my third bike June 20th.
    - My 2 hour old bike is still not stolen, but how do I keep it safe?

I`m a valuable Bike Customer at Lotus

---------------------------------------

Have you ever stolen a bike? When and where?

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

twice.

first time is outside a restaurant when I was in high school, second time is inside my campus. Since then I decided to abandon bike as a transportation tool, but only for exercise: keep it on the road or in my bedroom...(-_-!)...

• Janet Peng
    Janet Peng wrote:

I only had one bike. I bought it when I was in unversity for the first year. I came from south of China. In my hometown, ppl don't ride bikes at all. I had never tried to ride one before I was 19.

I bought one for learning and it was stole after I learned how to ride it. How lucky!?hah

I don't have the second one because I realized how serious the bike stolen problem in universities is. My classmates told me that if u want to keep ur bike longer, 1), don't buy new bike; 2), if u prefer a new bike, u need to make it looks like a trash.

U know how I bought my bike? I wrote a very detailed list of what kind of bike I wanted, such as what color, style, size, etc.I prefer. Then they got me one!!  Do u understand what I mean?

• Joakim Lund Rangel

who is walking around stealing bikes? One thing is to pick up an unlocked bike in the middle of the night when you are drunk and on your way home from a party. But considering how many bikes get stolen at any time of the day it must be a hell of a lot of people who "is like that" if its totally random. So could it for real be people who is stealing bikes as a profession?

In that case somebody needs to stop The Beijing Bike Mafia now. Let`s start publishing "Wanted" posters of people who is in the act of stealing a bike.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

It will be quite upsetting but I yes, stealing is their profession and they are really professional, so professional that I consider any lock useless if they really on for yours, and most of them belong to kinds of criminal gangs.

I can't control my hatred when something of mine is stolen, then I used to blame cops of their inaction. But later I had to realize the nature of larceny: even they are caught, after paying petty sum fine and staying in prison for maybe half a month or shorter, they will be back to work again......

That's quite pathetic huh...my suggestion is never let your bike out of your field of view (sounds like a crap...)

• Joakim Lund Rangel
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Never ... I cannot ride a bike ...

• Maya-eric
    Maya-eric wrote:

I  can't  remeber  that……

maybe  three times

it all   happened when  I  was a  student

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.