Discussion » Beijing Life » Why no festivals for single ppl, especially girls

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

Therea are all kinds of festivals and celebrations for couples-valentine's day, bachelor party, weddings, anniversaries, engagement party...all that...

Most of my friends are getting married this year or next. I have been spending money on “红包”, a lot of money....im sure, when they have babies, there's more to spend.

It is unfair! Being single can not be a good thing and can not be celebrated?! i think singles have contribute more to society.  When you choose to be single, you choose to be responsible. You dont want to make a mistake by dating the wrong person, get married for money or just for companionship, or just for having babies( we do not need another uncared child(brought up by irresponsible parents) in this overpoplulated world.

For all those alone, Singles (espeically girls) deserve a festival to celebrate their confidence, strength, glamor, widsom, sense of responsibilities.

Let's pick a date!

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Do people really choose to be single? or just have to be single, or just be afraid of a serious relationship/marriage?

Anyway, I agree that the society has bias against single person to some extent. They deserve much more support and understanding, esp. to those pals who choose to be single.

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

yes, people really choose to be single sometimes. like:

when you choose to break up wtih your gf/bf

when you choose to deny the guy/girl that is chasing you

I am not talking about those ppl who have commitment issue, but more about those who know what they want in a relationship and do not be defeated by the fact a good relationship does not come along easily.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Got it. You are not talking abt attitude thing, like whether to choose live alone forever, but talking abt people's determination right?

Yeah, comparing with starting or continuing a relationship, it's absolutely the same, or even harder, consider the extent to which you need to be determined, when someone decide to end a relationship. We should support those pals who make their decisions base on their own will.

But...I'm always wondering when people making decisions, eg. decisions abt relationship, no matter starting or ending or something, how many of them clearly know what they want? how many of them ever think abt it? and how many of them are able to think...

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

THATS WHAT I THINK, PETER!

I vote for 7 July!!! i like 7.haha

• Laney Zhou
    Laney Zhou wrote:

But why especially for girls?

• Janet Peng
    Janet Peng wrote:

Then let's celebrate it on the coming 7/7!!

For Girls, especially for girls who choose to be single at the time!!!!

• Janet Peng
    Janet Peng wrote:

Boys did have their own day for celebrating.

Remember 11/11? Haha, specially for boys/men!

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

煎饼...顺便儿打麻将好了;)

• Janet Peng
    Janet Peng wrote:

恩,差不多凑两桌!

北京麻将不会啊!太难!!

哈哈

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Janet, u mean you'd like to see a horde of men, only men, gathering and talking at a certain place other than stadiums and gay bars :O

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

嗯,朝着胡同儿大爷大妈的生活状态勇猛前进!

• Janet Peng
    Janet Peng wrote:

Well, that is also a life style many ppl are working for.

If u don't mind, u guys could play 麻将 in a stadium or gay bar. Would be fun!!!  haha

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Take my sit~ I do mind, and I'm not single, I'm going to pick my soy sauce(u must know what I mean :P

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

Da Fan, what do you mea by pick my soy sauce?

oh, espeically for girls because girls are generally under more pressure (generally)

"Oh, she's thirty and still single...tough life"

"all of us girls from high school are married, but she's not"

"How many years does she have left if she wants to have a baby....once you are over 35, hmm, you are reproductively challenged"

"I like them both, hmmm...so who do you think i should choose","the younger one, she's hotter"

"You are 27....hurry....mom and dad need a grandson"

the society puts more pressure on girls. so it really takes courage for girls.

im not saying it's easy for guys...it's not easy for anyone. but comparatively, harder for girls, yeah?

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

7/7 sounds good. let's go with the concept of it's half of 14 V day.

right, it does mean chinese V day. But now universal 7/7 means Happy Singles Day now!;P

MaJiang and JianBing....im from Sichuan. i cant be too bad with Majiang...But JianBing...ha, i cant finish the whole thing.it's big!

We should all go geocaching...anyone has a GPS?maybe on weekends insteand. it'll be fun!

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Winnie, you are not Chinese? I said it for fun and just mean "anyway, though I'm very interested, but how u pals organize such an activity is none of my business, because I'm not single"

Hey, u see, I agree with u. I'm not just SUPPORTING your ideas, but that's just what I believe for long time.

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

Da Fan:Oh...haha...i am Chinese...我的俚语库库存太小啦。呵呵

Hey, ppl...or we should go to the beach! BeiDaiHe! it'll be fun too! I am going anyway in July. I have already got my bikini. would be too bad that i dont wear them this year! My first bikini set.Yeah!

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

COOOOOOOOOOOL!

then let's do it. anyone has a volleyball?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.