Discussion » Health & Fitness » Chuan'r & Beer

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

This is funny:

According to this article in the Sunday Times, UK government advisers are developing menus to combat climate change by cutting out "high carbon" food like lamb kebabs, greenhouse tomatoes and alcohol.

From the same article:

“We are not saying that everyone should become vegetarian or give up drinking but moving towards less carbon intensive foods will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve health,” said Kennedy.

The article goes on to claim that sheep create lots of greenhouse by burping, that greenhouse grown tomatoes are the most carbon-intensive vegetable and the growing and processing of hops and malt into beer and whiskey generates 1.5% of the nation's greenhouse gases.

Chuan'r, tomatoes (maybe not greenhouse) and alcohol are, I think, China's most beloved outdoor food items.

Question: Say you had to replace these three classic staples of outdoor Chinese dining with three more. (Impossible, but just pretend.)

What would they be?

I'd say
    - 驴肉火烧
    - baijiu
    - snowpeas

What say you?

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

Burping causes greenhouse gasses? Who knew? Be that as it may, they will pry my chuan'r and beer from my cold, dead hands.

• IPaws Official

Correct me if i'm wrong, is that chuan'r you guys are talking about the '羊肉串‘? LMAO....

Well, personally, I love those food too, but if I gotta make some substitution, I'd prefer Light Coke, 扒鸡 (smoke baked chicken, originally from Shandong), mushroom (of any kind).

P.S.: Lol on that 驴肉火烧 again! :D

• Ge Cuason
    Ge Cuason wrote:

1. jianbing

2. malatang

3. that cheap great wall brand red wine

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.