Discussion » Nonsense » who is the best friend of china?

• Battista
    Battista wrote:

hi ...... what do u think which country is the best friend of china ?... and why ?

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

I've always looked at China as blazing its own solitary, ass-kicking path of awesomeness.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

• Jarrad Edwards

A lot of people say Australia. Because we have a Prime Minister Kevin Rudd who can speak mandarin fluently and thus engage China at a unique level. He has been accused of his close ties to the Chinese Government but this might be paranoia on the part of the conservative Australians. Anyway I am not saying Rudd is awesome, in fact I think Barack Obama is far more inspirational. Anyway agree to disagree.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

I think Barack Obama is just a eloquent green hand. Anyway seem better that Bush...

• Tian 王倚天

The only other country that refers to themselves as the motherland.

I would say North Korea, but China owns them, it's more of a mentorship than friendship.

• Li Yuan
    Li Yuan wrote:

First of all, China definitely doesn't own North Korea. And the U.S hates China. If you live in the U.S as I do, you will notice it. However, Americans are really friendly to all kind of people. It is just media.

so my answer would be France.

• Di
    Di wrote:

I agree with DA Fan , china has no friend ... : S

• MoMo
    MoMo wrote:

if u refer to china.....

i think the best friend is earth....

if u refer to China.....

the answer is same...that is the earth

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

If you were talking abt friendship between the peoples, I totally agree with you. I'll certainly buy you a beer, sharing funny things as well as serious topics with you if there is a chance. IT IS not abt power or money.

HOWEVER, if it comes to relationship between countries...why it happens to coincide that the world's media get used to apply vague wordings like "allies", "alliance", "strategic partner", etc, instead of wordings like "friendship", "brotherhood", to discribe positive relationships between countries?

Grant that those wordings like "friendship" are largely applied...just checking out history briefly, have you ever found any long-term "friendship" between countries? or have you ever found any short-term inter-country "firendship" without shadow of power and money? I really hope so but I do not, yeah that's pitiful huh

Some inter-country relationship turned from hostile to amicable, some turned from amicable to suspicious or hostile, and such changes are still happening now. The key question is why? why such changes happend and be happening? Is relationship between countries like that between people? Why the US support Saddam during the I-I war but later hanged him? why the US support Osama during the CCCP's invasion of Afg. but now offered a price on his head? Why the US and USSR used to be allies but later came to the pathetic cold war? Why the US and the UK fought war but now the UK "serves as the US's 51st state"? Why the mainland of Europe used to fight each other for hundreds years but the EU was successfully built in the 20th century? Believe me, I can list 100+ more "whys" without checking anything, and I believe you can do it too.

Countries are more like legal persons, not human beings. Few people want to be isolated, so do countries, but they share totally different purpose in trying so. People are searching true friend because we got emotional requirments, but companies/countries are searching allies for sake of avoid conflict and creat a win-win deal. I am happy to see the China-US relationship is quite strong for a really long time, and I hope it will become even stronger, but why we choose a friendly relationship but not a hostile one? Actually you've already gave out the anwser: they certainly depend on each other (imaging how weird if someone add an "emotionally" here). Isolation between the two will cut significant margin of both, and hostility will lead us to...no one want to see it.

Btw, Minutemans underneath Dakota and Tridents in the silos of Ohio are aiming almost every "friends" of the US. If it is really friendship like between people, it's sort of like I buy you a beer at the same time put a gatlin against your chest right?

It's quite a good thing that we pals are human beings, our friendship could be totally emotional, totally not abt power and money :)

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

got a appointment at supper time, so it will be late night when I come back

anyway, enjoy your nap, haha

• Tanaka Noriko
    Tanaka Noriko wrote:

it depends what the definition of "friend " in your dictionary? like chinese do?friend means someone you can  exchange benifit with. base on this role,there is no real friend of china,lol

• 柯威
    柯威 wrote:

america doesnt hate the chinese.  we love the chinese.  they are better citizens than most white people are in america.  they have lower divorce rates, lower crimes rates, and higher voting rates.  i will say that there is a fear of china by some, because there are a lot of whackos who think china is trying to take over the world. thats paranoia, not hate.  and those people are ignorant.  besides, i think most americans hates mexicans, other americans, and the french

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Totally agree with you, actually I sort of knew your real perspective before your newly post:)

If we view everything cynically, or "view it so darkly", we can draw a simple conclusion that all products of human society are created and motivated by fear and self-interest, fundamentally self-interest. But that's just too disagreeable. We need to count in emotional factors in evaluating issues under a logical and rational frame. It seems that... more and more people tend to equate "emotional" with "irrational", "specious", or simply "fake". Anyway, we had to admitt that relationships between countries can not be like those between people, but still we need to actively searching friends, not only for the purpose of mutual beneficial, but also for building emotional communication platform between millions of people.

As to the question of which country has a good relationship with China...Pakistan? DPRK? Russia? skeptical...the US has a very strong and important relationship with China, that's all I can say. Actually what I'm currently interested in is the relationship between China and Japan. Hard to explain within few words due to its complexity, so I'll just stop here.

What u mean "higher voting rates" O_o

• MoMo
    MoMo wrote:

好能写啊,大家。。。得坐下来慢慢看~~i am serious

• 柯威
    柯威 wrote:

i mean a higher proportion of their eligible voters actually vote than white in america

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

haha, i see.

I thought you had been talking abt PRC citizens...you know, we don't vote...(-_-!)

• 柯威
    柯威 wrote:
    one day, things will never be the same
  • Man TianFei
    Man TianFei wrote:
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Been hyper all night ... must be the fish!

Instead of a general discussion, this seems to shift towards philosophical!

My latest view on "friends" is "people that can be used"! So to me, this quesrion becomes "who will use China, and whom can China use"?

Remember many years ago, USA was not a friend of Russia!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.