Discussion » Health & Fitness » To Wax or not to Wax?

• Kiya
    Kiya wrote:

To make a long story simple, my boyfriend wants me to get waxed... I mean, bikini wax. I've never done that before, so I don't know... Does it hurt? Anyone know a nice, clean place where I could get one?

I didn't really want to get one, but he insists, so I don't know... Help!

• Timothy Wang
    Timothy Wang wrote:

wax is not that bad...but def DO NOT SHAVE!!!

• 爱谁谁
    爱谁谁 wrote:

why not shave??

well, your bf must be a foreigner..

i heard its a bad feeling when it grows up again....

• Joakim Lund Rangel

shave or wax, just get it done ;)

• Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:

Not everyone has a bad feeling when it grows out, this depends on how sensitive your skin is and how thick the hairs are. If it feels bad when it grows out again, just trim it a little so it´s just past the length where it doesnt feel bad. As long as you loose the "downtown afro", Im sure he´ll be satisfied ;)

- Dr. Kent X-D

• Timothy Wang
    Timothy Wang wrote:

if you shave, when the hair grows back, it feels like my beard!

imagine when you touch a girl's leg feels like you touch your beard?!!? its a turn off!

at least that after waxing the hair is soft..but then again its just me and how i feel, i can only tell whats on my side, the lady has to be comfortable with whatever she wants to do...

also i have a friend done the laser thing, apparently it really works and good results..

• Joakim Lund Rangel

what you probably mean is that it might get itchy. That i think goes for everyone that shaves the first time. And I don`t think its less itchy if you wax instead of shave. Probably the same thing.

Anyways, its stops being itchy after 2-3 times of shaving/waxing and its nothing to be ashamed of, instead scratch it proudly and loudly.

• 施萱萱 Zoe Sze

Anyways, its stops being itchy after 2-3 times of shaving/waxing and its nothing to be ashamed of, instead scratch it proudly and loudly.

laser is works

• Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:

Peter: I think forums are great for people who lacks experience on a subjects, and wants to learn from other peoples experience. Its just easier to make a choice when you know something about both options =)

• Kiya
    Kiya wrote:

Thanks everybody for giving me your opinions! Let's say I'm doing it, which place would you recommend? I know you can find listings on the web, but as Kent says it's good to have several pieces of advice. thx again :)

• Tian 王倚天

don't you have girlfriends you can ask this about?

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

I received an email from a Beijing business recently detailing "back, sac and crack" waxing. If you still need a place, I'll try and dig up that information for you :)

• 柯威
    柯威 wrote:
    it's your body. who cares what he wants. tell him you'll get a bikini wax if he'll get a brazilian wax. that'll shut him up
  • Keera Lee Farrington

well, if you wax, overtime, the hair will stop growing back, thats why its such a good idea to wax your eyebrows as opposed to plugging them (well, unless you pull the h air towards the same direction it is growing, then it shouldnt be too bad. sorry, got sidetracked.

but dont feel that  you need to do anything to please him, he should accept you whatever. :D

• Mai Quant
    Mai Quant wrote:

you should definitely wax and not shave.. much better results. The first time is hurts a little, but then you get used to it.

I would recommend going to Kocoon Spa in Sanlitun. The place is very nice and clean. And the girls are real professionals there, that will not make you feel uncomfortable.

If you come to the WLIB party we will be giving away some waxing coupons:)

• Joakim Lund Rangel

are we giving away waxing coupons? AWESOME!

• Linski
    Linski wrote:

I think it doesn't hurt if it is done by professionals and not at some dodgy salon with a trainee girl taking her sweet time.

Either way, it's your choice. If you want to, do it for yourself, not for your man.

If you can't decide, back, crack and sack wax your man and see what he thinks now of you attending to your nether regions...

• Ramz
    Ramz wrote:

tell your bf that if you wax, he has to wax.  And then wax each other. 

thats likely the best option.

times 50.

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

Ramz:   :D

Kiya: Ouch!

• Christopher Johansson

get a guy who likes sniffing bushes. shaved pussy is the most overrated shit there is.

• Janet Peng
    Janet Peng wrote:

Havent done that before. Never think of that.

But do it only because ur bf insists? No! Why do u do that?!

Do that only when u want to! Or don't even think about it!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.