Discussion » Health & Fitness » Any one feel LONELY ?

• NE
    NE wrote:

I feel lonely, if you like, please tell me your sorrow, I will be a good listener

• Wangmolly2003
    Wangmolly2003 wrote:

Hey, I sometimes feel lonely....... because sorrow in my heart or in anyone's heart make them feel lonely..... but i want to get out of it.... lets talk more, do you have msn, mine: wangmolly2003@hotmail.com, wait for you reply

• Canon Yan
    Canon Yan wrote:

I like lonely

• Benson
    Benson wrote:

Loneliness is ur friend sometimes, i feel lonely also.

• 王大维
    王大维 wrote:

Its nice to have your own freedom but loneliness is a feeling that I don't really like. Its nice to be able to have some friends who listen to your heart no matter what...

• Man TianFei
    Man TianFei wrote:
    sometimes yes, i feel lonely,but i enjoy it.
  • 刘涛
    刘涛 wrote:

V V lonely

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

hehe mostly fater a great party, i feel lonly, i cant stand people leave

• Lifeseeker
    Lifeseeker wrote:

i dont like lonely that make me crazy :xx

BTW: is any1 else from sheffield in there?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Try to think of loneliness as a quiet time ... if you know how to control it and use it, it can be very productive ... if you let it controls you, you can go crazy

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and maybe some of you lonely people can lend me your insight. Why are there so many lonely people out there?

I'm a single guy living thousands of miles from my home country. Most of my friends in Beijing are spread out over a large area and have widely varied schedules, so it's difficult to get together often. I am not realistically entertaining the idea of a serious relationship for a wide variety of reasons. Yet I'm not lonely.

I appreciate it is the nature of human beings to need the company of others, but it's really not too hard to come by. I make a point of getting out every day and usually meet someone. Usually it's just what I call a "single serving fiend", but that's OK for me.

I think a lot of lonely people out there just need to manage their time better and improve their social skills a bit. If you come off as too lonely, neddy, clingy ect. it scares people away.

And Molly...never a good idea to post your personal info on a public forum.

Just my two fen worth.

• DLoya
    DLoya wrote:

Well I am lonely because I guess I feel as though I am missing out on something. I have been looking for a relationship for sometime. I just end up being thrown into the pile of "just a friend".

At times its easy to deal with being lonely, but other times not so much. I am not good when it comes to meeting girls and I don't really have any friends who could introduce me to any of their female friends. The internet rarely facilitates introducing me to new people locally let alone a broad.

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

Peter Baird
    "Single serving fiend." Hehe. Sounds like the name of some shitty nu-metal band from the late-1990s.

Beijing is a huge, hot, alienating monster of a city swirling with all sorts of strange elements and cultures. I completely understand people who find themselves lonely here. But... that's what this site is all about. Get connected!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

We need to keep in mind that, as humans, we are connected to others by our hearts and souls ... and a few elegant words (emails, chats, SMS etc) seldom do the charm. God created our senses not for the internet!

In the dark ages, anyone can pretend to be anyone on the internet, I have personally chatted to "girls" on ICQ and YIM (yes, I am that ancient) who turned out to be guys. Now, with web cam and all that, this seems difficult to pass, but it is afterall lifeless.

God knows when the Jetsons era might come upon us, and then true internet dating will be two people wearing virtual reality suites, enjoy a movie together, while each sitting at their own home, miles apart from each other. Thinking about this, gives me the creeps ... because afterall, you are still sitting alone.

So until then ... loneliness can only be "cured" by meeting people in real life.

My two mao worth ...  

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.