Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » Group/ Event Invite Function

• Shane
    Shane wrote:

2 things:

1) The group and event invite function needs to be destroyed and redisigned. It is absolutely terrible to use. Why?

1a) There are no pictures next to the names!!! I don't know who the hell I'm inviting.

1b) There are no LAST NAMES! If I am making an event that is directed toward foreigners, I don't want to bomb peoples event log with a bunch of stupid invites.

1c) the picture-loading fuction after you click on someones name is really slow and awkward.

Sorry for the hint of irritation, but I have been dealing with this crappy function for months and I am a little frustrated right now. A lot of the events I am organizing aren't the large bar-style parties that seems to be the basis of your site. I organize smaller events, and often my audience is a smaller group of people.

2) You guys need an "All" category in the food section. You should be able to see all the restaurants listed in beijing by the following ways:

2a) All -city

2b) All-district

2c) All-neighborhood

2d) Or, you could do something with a "within XX miles" function, that might be more useful to the students.

Some people want to use the food function to order food, some people want to use it as an online-database of restaurant menus so they can decide where to eat-out that night.

These are your objectives, now get to work boys!    : )

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

My invite list displays last names.

• Joakim Lund Rangel

1. About the event og group invite solution. We totally agree, its been on our to-do list for a long long time. Kent will start working on the group design next week, so we are on it now.

2. One thing we are afraid could happen if we list all restaurant that don`t deliver to your area is that restaurants will start receiving orders from areas that they can`t deliver to.

However we are removing the select boxes and replacing it with a google map anyways :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

A minor cosmetic thing about Group ...

I just joined a group, and wrote in the guestbook, but it looks really ugly :(

My "icon" in the guestbook could be made as small as the the one in the "member list" ... and the text could use a bit more space away from the "icon" ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

[2010-09-16]

Q: how to become a groupie?

Someone directed me to a group, and when I clicked to join, a dialog box appeared with the "Cancel: and "Yes", I clicked on "Yes" and nothing seems to happen, forever ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.