Discussion » Nonsense » best albums of 2009 so far

• Timothy Wang
    Timothy Wang wrote:

here is my list:

1. White Lies - To Lose My Life

2.  Antony & the Johnsons - The crying light

3. Junior Boys - Begone Dull Care

there are much more albums i like didnt include here, i get the feeling that the bottom half the year will have some amazing artist might just give you a big shock..yay! cant wait getting more good albums..

well, do you have a list?

• Timothy Wang
    Timothy Wang wrote:
    and pity i dont have much chance to get to know some Chinese bands, im sure will be some cool stuff too...
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

So far Ourself Beside Me's epinonymous debut CD is the best new album of the year IMO.

• Calli Joo
  • Timothy Wang
    Timothy Wang wrote:
    re: peter they Chinese band..wow would love to check them out, where can i buy the CD? or online purchasing it? thanks..
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

I think you can probably buy the CD at D22, as it is owned by their record company. Also, there are two CD stores on Chengfu Lu that probably carry it. BTW they have a show at D22 on April 30.

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

@Timothy: I didn't really like the new Junior Boys record -- and I consider myself a big fan. (Too... lethargic.) But as Peter mentioned, I dig the Ourself Beside Me LP, as well as Hedgehog's "Blue Sky Dreaming," Yeah Yeah Yeahs' "It's Blitz," Royksopp's "Junior," Joyside's "Maybe Tonight," and the self-titled Fever Ray record.

• Timothy Wang
    Timothy Wang wrote:

Re: Peter

Is D22 is a please? pub? as well as a shop? but i will write down the name of the road...next time go to Beijing will check it out..thanks mate..

Re:Pete

agree with you this Junior boys album is not the best work of them, BUT the Parallel Lines is AMAZING! i couldnt stop..put it on loop for like days...:P..Royksopp & the Yeah Yeah Yeahs are amazing too...

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

@Timothy: "Parallel Lines" is a tough call: in comparison to Depeche Mode, it excells: it's good, and holds its own in mid-2009. But in comparison to "So This is Goodbye," it feels overly-long, lazy and dragged out.

Love the new YYYs now. Took 6+ listenings, but I like it.

• Luyi Si
    Luyi Si wrote:
  • Curthik
    Curthik wrote:

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/UBpuboKU9VQ/

..im sry, racists, but this is the best shyt i have never heard

• 由克张
    由克张 wrote:

Peter Doherty - Grace/Westlands

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.