Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » Food Delivery

  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    Joakim Lund Rangel wrote:

    We have today launched WeLiveinBeijing Delivery Service.

    It works quite simple. Click on the Food Delivery link in the top menu and it will list the restaurants with their menu that delivers to your home. Place your order, and your food will be delivered to your home shortly after.

    What do you think about this service?

    Is your favourite delivery restaurant missing? Tell us, and tell your restaurant!

  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

     I haven't used the service because I never eat at home, but I do have a suggestion in regards to the idea. For this to really work, you need more Chinese places. This is afterall China, and the majority of the users are Chinese.

  • Joakim Lund Rangel

    We are working on getting more restaurants in :))

    To help us give us restaurant names, address and phone numbers. + give a tip to the restaurant and tell them about us :)

  • Tian 王倚天


    this is ridiculous, I never seen heard anything like it! What if somebody hacks my account and orders me a hundred big macs? I am so interested in seeing how this service developes, personally I think it takes the human interaction out, I'm not big on it.

  • Helen
    Helen wrote:



  • Joakim Lund Rangel

    Tian: Thats is like someone call in a houndred big macs to your home address with their phone, and they don`t need to hack any phone to do that :)

    I`m hoping a lot of you guys will try this service out and give it a chance. So far it has worked out very good for both the customers and the restaurants, so i`m happy :))

  • Shane
    Shane wrote:

    Yes, this sort of service works. I've seen it done before.

    Tian I agree with you, lack of marketing toward Chinese. I mean, from what I see here the site is already at least 70% Chinese.

  • Joakim Lund Rangel

    Give us some time and help us out. It`s not easy to get houndreds of restaurants to partner up with us. And chinese restaurants is actually what we prioritize here :)

  • Tian 王倚天

    Shane: I think it was Peter who mentioned the Chinese aspect of the marketing...hahaha

  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

    Well, here's the thing. There are already several services in Beijing that specialize in home delivery, so to do it here on a site that specializes in social networking seems redundant. Furthermore, let's say I did eat at home and wanted Ganges delivered to my home. I can just pick up the phone and get it done faster than I can here.

      Joakim, I agree that it is not easy to get hundreds of restaurants to partner up with you. And that's the point. You are a social networking site. To devote that much time and human resources to a service like this seems like a tremendous waste of time and resources.

     Just my two cents worth.



  • Ge Cuason
    Ge Cuason wrote:

    This is a somewhat good idea, because the menu is diplayed as well as the prices (well just in case you lose the flyers they give around). it's a plus for us who sometimes have trouble ordering the right meal because of language barrier (chinese or english). plus maybe if you run out of credits on your cellphone, then this is a good alternative.

  • Joakim Lund Rangel


    You get what you order when you order online, because on the phone it`s often they don`t pick up every details you say.

  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

    The nice thing about this service is that you will discover new places that delivers to your place that you didn't even know about, and for those who can't speak that well Chinese it's way easier too.

    But off course all wont prefer doing this, for some the traditional phone ordering is the best way to do it.

    And we'll get it translated to Chinese  ASAP. :-)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.


WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc