Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » Where I can keep my essays?

• Steenbok
    Steenbok wrote:

I am a new comer here, and just wonder where I can keep my essays if I make a post..........

Before I am invited to be member here, I do think that here is somewhat websites like TianYa, Sinablog.....and so on, and felt a little bit disappointed after exploring this website~~~

Frankly speaking, I am not really that interested in staying here since I just found out that there are so many commercial elements in members posts or essays~~~of course, I fully agree that commercial is most important in our daily life, but not in leisure~~~maybe I am really a studip whatever~~~

I think it would be more interesting f there is a private space like diary column for members to note down their thinkings and emotions.  Is there any possibility that the hosts would think about it a little bit?  I really want to pursuade myself to stay.

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

There is nothing to stop you making your own Group and posting your essays in the Forum.

Nikki

• Joakim Lund Rangel

We had a blog feature before. But we removed it because nobody used it :)

I agree with Nicole, the group gives you lot better blogg-possibilties than a traditonal blog does.

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

@Steenbok: Nicole and Joakim are dead on: You're free to self-promote your essays in our community through our groups. Although we're more of a social networking site than a blogging community, we hope that you'll discover elements of our community that you enjoy, and stick around.

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

I have to add after visting Steenbok profile this evening I feel this person is a time waster?

There are some people you cannot please? Some people do not make an effort and expect others to do all the work for them?

• Kuan
    Kuan wrote:

well, like you said they are tones of blog websites you can choose to post ur 'essays'(pretty awkward word to use here). So if ur can't post them here, I'll say go for the others, it's totally ur own personal choice. Besides, to open a web browser you need to pay monthly fee, at least we did it in Canada. If you don't want to see those commercials here, then we all have to pay the membership fee, which would be unfair for the others. Anyway, live with it.

• Steenbok
    Steenbok wrote:

I never expected that this item would rise up with harsh responses.........

Blablablabla..........

A "time waster".....haha.....such criticization is so qooooooo....

• Joakim Lund Rangel

you started it with a harsh thread :))

Anyways, we do want people to write content. Cause thats gives ut the possibility to pick out some cool content to publish in the magazine.

What`s possibly is that someone, (why not you Steenbok?) creates a group for Bloggers. On the group settings do so that every group member can write articles and go ahead tell every blogger you know about it.

You have your own shared blog + the best shit we`ll publish on the frontpage :)

+ if you do it well, i`ll make a function that prints out all articles written only by you in the profile. So you in addition to all other mentioned you get your personal blog as well.

• Joakim Lund Rangel

Bloggers Magazine...That sounded actually like a cool idea :))

• Nicole Webber
    Nicole Webber wrote:

I began the English Group three weeks ago after a couple friends wanted to improve their English. 

I now have around forty people in the group! I did not expect this kind of response from friends and members.

Action speak louder that words is an old saying? I posted one of my short stories over the weekend. If it is successful I will post more. 

Your turn for action rather then pointless words Steenbok?

While I write for some reason I am having problems posting photo's in the group Gallery?  I have tried so many times to create an album without success?  Any help would be appreciated.

• Kuan
    Kuan wrote:

I guess I am being retarded here, anyway. i am not a mean person. So, I apologize here to Nicole.

• Joakim Lund Rangel

Nicole: the gallery is haunting us with trouble. But right now (from yesterday night) it is working, so hurry up and upload your photos :-)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Interesting discussion ... in my case, if the bubble can allow more words, that would be nice! I know that eventually I will run out of space in "description" ...

Considering the diffferent words out there, blog, bloc, and now bubble ... I suggest WLIB have something called "blob", which is a big bubble, just to be a bit different!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.