Discussion » Nonsense » Any good suggestion on releasing pressure?

• Reyes
    Reyes wrote:

Especially for sales men.

I have been working at a sales positon for 3 years. Now i'm feeling very tired. Not only the physical, but also mental.

I'm so bored now. Does any one can offer me some good advices to help me out?

• Shane
    Shane wrote:

• Sunny Lee
    Sunny Lee wrote:

have a trip,and enjoy it

• Kuan
    Kuan wrote:

OMG, the second commen is crazy, hope none of you take it seriously.  QUIT UR JOB IS THE DUMBEST THING TODO NOW. EVERYONE IS DRIVING THEIR ASS OFF TO GET A JOB OK!

• 残乐
    残乐 wrote:

Hey U gotta to love what you do~ or else you'll never feel release

• Ali J.
    Ali J. wrote:

Hi FIsher,

I can imagine a sales job with commission pressures can be stressful.  I always found exercise to help with my stress levels when I was working long hours.  It's good to get out of the office at lunch and take a walk instead of sitting in a restaurant.  And good to do some strenous exercise after work, like running or swimming or better yet boxing.  I know you feel tired after work and the last thing you want to do is exercise, but you will feel energized later. 

And treat yourself to nice things like a good dinner or a present, you are working hard, you deserve it!

• 梅子
    梅子 wrote:

go to gym..go shopping ... only you know what really makes you happy. no matter how much it will cost... no matter if u have time. .. try best to make yourself happy. u can do that.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Reyes, what do you sell?

I am an insurance agent of AIA, and I speak very bad Mandarin, and I have lots of problem meeting target! I use those frustration on food, and you can imagine my size ...

Hope that helps!!

• Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:

Put some heavy metal on your iPod and go to the shooting range.

• Richie
    Richie wrote:

find a hobby. could even be as simple as a 1000 pcs puzzle or learn something - archery, shooting... anything you need to concentrate and thereby forgetting your pressure for a few hours (which will help you lower the tension).

At the meantime, take it slow and try to understand your strengths - and where you'd fit in.

• Hanqi
    Hanqi wrote:

ummmm..... Everyone's different!

A great book can change your life!!! Also if you have time and money, why not a short weekend gateaway?! ....  Think about what you want to do in your near future and write a plan, try it! You'll feel much better!

• Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:

As for me, I would say : SPORTS !

I take all the pressure from my week and just let it go on the football field. Okay, I often injury people, but they know it's nothing personal :D

Just practice your sport until you are so fucking tired that you wont even think you are bored, sad or tired.

Or just do like losers, smoke drugs or drink.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

I am inclined to agree with Hanqi and Peter ... ask around for self-help book, you will be surprised how many of them (Chinese or western) can help you to find a way to relax ... though I dont agree with the "writing a plan" part, because this is (supposedly) our daily work, so as a solution, one might tend to write plan about work

... by the way, you have not said, what is giving you the pressure ... boss? family? peer? There is different remedy for each.

Speaking of relax, meditation and yoga might help ... or if you have trouble concentrating like me, hiking (but very tiring) or just good old window shopping and afternoon tea (the preferred method of the lazy kind) would keep your eyes and mind busy ...

• NN
    NN wrote:
    have a trip on somewhere(yunnan is a good idea) listen to some soft and nice music and have some yummy food take a wonderful massage or spa
  • Lala Zhang
    Lala Zhang wrote:

Man should hold some pressure in ur  life but not too much.  if u really want to release the pressure u have to adjust yourself inside out,  u must think carefully what  the things or the way of life u really want , then u could  measure how much pressure u may want to release, coz the pressure means ur qulity of life. I know its not easy under pressure but try to release them by changing the way of ur life.  working hard duing the work. Be yourself after work, dont mix them up.

By the way , go to happy vally to have a fun time, or go to work studium to watch the football of Beijing Guoan ( swear like a pirate) SB u may feel better : )

• 天蓬元帥
    天蓬元帥 wrote:

wow... I will go for dance .....

have a trip is also a good idea if you can't afford to quit your job...

• Fredy Moreira
    Fredy Moreira wrote:

U can try play football (soccer) with some chinese people and laugh a lot. Coz they r so fucking terrible... also go party with friends, get some girls and then Shane's advice..

• Safin
    Safin wrote:

if u don't have any spare time coz of the high pressure working, i suggest you to change a job since appreantly u can no longer afford to its pressure. if in fact you did have some spare time but have not made use of it , i suggest you to catch up some hobbies, especially sport games such as basketball and badmintan.

at last, never forget that health is much more important than any thing eles, don't choose a life style that you can't afford

• YOYO
    YOYO wrote:

confabulate  with somebody~

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

do something else beside your job. My way is to my job beside other things, haha.

• Fn Scotsman
    Fn Scotsman wrote:

I second the people who recommended sports/exercise. I find it is a great way to release all the stress that builds up over a week at work.

• NN
    NN wrote:

Have a trip,listening to some musics,or dancing a lot,that could be help,at least for me :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.