Discussion » Beijing Life » Nice guys finish last....what? Come in people!

• Idiot 笨蛋
    Idiot 笨蛋 wrote:

A common stereotype is that "nice guys finish last." The phrase is attributed to baseball manager Leo Durocher, though Durocher was originally referring to the opposing team rather than to male/female relationship dynamics. The full quote is, "All nice guys. They'll finish last. Nice guys. Finish last."

The "nice guys finish last" view is that there is a discrepancy between women's stated preferences and their actual choices in men: in other words, women say that they want nice guys, but really go for men who are "jerks", or "bad boys" in the end. Desrochers claims that many "sensitive" men do not believe that women want "nice guys" due to their personal experiences.

According to McDaniel, popular culture and dating advice "suggest that women claim they want a 'nice guy' because they believe that is what is expected of them when, in reality, they want the so-called 'challenge' that comes with dating a not-so-nice guy."

Urbaniak & Kilmann write that:

"Although women often portray themselves as wanting to date kind, sensitive, and emotionally expressive men, the nice guy stereotype contends that, when actually presented with a choice between such a 'nice guy' and an unkind, insensitive, emotionally-closed, 'macho man' or 'jerk,' they invariably reject the nice guy in favor of his 'so-called' macho competitor."

My response:

男不坏女不爱, 好像是真的 o_O

Discuss =)

research comes from wikipedia.

• MaggieYang
    MaggieYang wrote:

It is true...I think

• Checkered
    Checkered wrote:

haha..i think girls just love guys being bad to themselves, not to other girls...ps. i dont like dating sensitive guys..

• Warren
    Warren wrote:

Maybe there's an instinctive attraction to the bad boy/tough guy to feel protected. The nice guy may satisfy the emotional and intellectual needs, but the survival need is more basic and comes first. In many males, the badboy.tough guy image is just that - a mask. They'e more frightening than their bite, except to the girls who are in a relationship with them and these girls then become the victims.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.