Discussion » Beijing Life » China may top Japan as world's second-largest econ

• Mandarintube
    Mandarintube wrote:

China is likely to overtake Japan to become the world's second largest economy, either this year or by 2010, a research paper issued recently by the China Policy Institute of the University of Nottingham (UK) has revealed.

据英国诺丁汉大学中国政策研究院近期的一份研究报告称 ,中国有望在今年或2010年的经济发展超过世界第二大经济强国日本。

Fan Jianping, director of the Economic Forecasting Department of the State Information Center, responded to that report yesterday, saying that such a kind of ranking is meaningless, considering China's extremely low per-capita GDP, which he believes is the most important indicator to determine whether a country is a developing country or not.

国家信息中心经济预测部门的负责人方建平在昨天对该报告发表了评论,他认为该预测意义不大,决定一个国家是否是发展中国家的重要指标应该是人居GDP,而中国因为人口众多,目前人均GDP仍然非常低。

In the World Bank's ranking of GDP per capita for 2007 using purchasing power parity, China was ranked 112th at $5,370, behind Egypt, El Salvador and Armenia.

2007年世界银行按购买力平价转换而来的人均国民收入统计数字来看,中国仅以人居5370美金排在

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

我想表示意见,但我无法表示意见,因为我不知道该说些什么。。。

• Zhuolun Cheng
    Zhuolun Cheng wrote:

the good news or the bad news?

• Curthik
    Curthik wrote:

finally....i made it.   now the only question is that when we can take over as the best.

• Hebing
    Hebing wrote:

its none of my business

i just care how much i earn each year and when i have ablilty to buy a apartment in downtown

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.