Discussion » Technology » iPhone in Beijing?

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

I saw they've got the original Apple iPhone (2G) at Zhonguancun Computer Market earlyer this year, but as Apple have become stricter on their policys I'm not sure if it's possible to get in Beijing now. So, anyone know if it's possible to get either the old original iPhone or the new iPhone 3G anywhere? And for what price (after bargaining ;-).. Thanks :)

• April Gwen
    April Gwen wrote:

i dont think real iPhone is now get in Beijing.its probably the smuggled goods水货 mayb?i heard the news said that the real 3G iPhone行货 will appear in the market at the end of the year.

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

The ones i saw earlyer was the real deal, imported from US and sold for a slightly higher price. So I know they got it before, just dont know if they still sell it :-) Read some rumours in The Beijinger about some telecom operator negotiating with Apple now, but personally I don't trust that kind of rumors as I've heard the same thing 3-4 times before ever since the first iPhone hit the market.. :) Guess I'll head down to Zhonguancun and have a peak soon ;-)

• April Gwen
    April Gwen wrote:

i go 2 thebeijinger.com too hehe~well,good luck~
    btw,i realli want a 3G iPhone=.=just waitin'.

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

Checked out the prices on iPhone 16GB and iPhone 3G 16gb yesterday.

For iPhone 3G 16GB, they wanted 7500 (without bargain, I'd guess around 6700-7000 kuai after bargaining)

For iPhone Original 16GB, they wanted 5700 and I answered "4700!". Then they said 5100 kuai. Guess it's possible to get it down to 4800-4900 maybe.

• Gracie-Bear
    Gracie-Bear wrote:

you can buy my first generation iphone, but you have to unlock/brick it yourself

• Checkered
    Checkered wrote:

i got an italian version without needing to be hackered...but thief just stole it:(

• Hendry Yuan
    Hendry Yuan wrote:

At present, the price of iphone 3G is about 4000. 水货 is good, but u need unlock/brick it yourself.

BTW, U can buy one in US and use in China, hehe

• ۰•❤❥Lindsay SoMaeng

i bought iphone 3G in canada, n jus unlocked it 2day at Xi Dan, its good~

• Tian 王倚天

iphone are for people with no jobs.

Blackberry for life! lol

• 王大虎
    王大虎 wrote:

iphones prove no popularity value in China.  There is no intrinsic value behind it because anyone can buy one, real or otherwise.  That's why having one just shows you know how to conform.  The Apple brand here is quite strong but incredibly weak due to the effect canabalism has on its fakes.  Thus destroying any and all exclusivity the brand has.  

• Alex
    Alex wrote:

disagree above!

• Tian 王倚天

why don't you guys just buy iphone overseas?

5000kuai = approx 800CND, iphone costs no more than 500 in Canada..sounds like a business plan to me..haha

• Alex
    Alex wrote:

Its only 299.00 in U.S w/out contract, you can purchase them from any apple store.

P.S you have to unlock them yourself.

• ۰•❤❥Lindsay SoMaeng

da signal is not good after u unlocked it

alwayz  display: NO SIM CARD

• Alex Weber
    Alex Weber wrote:

0 seconds ago

It's perfectly possible to find US iphones here, and sometimes HK ones, which are better because they aren't simlocked. 16g iphone 3g should cost you around 4,900 rmb in BaiNaoHui (the big stall on the second floor next to the escalator up to the 3rd floor is where I'd go; I've used them several times and they know their product). To deal with the simlock, it used to be that you had to stick a little microchip to your sim; these can be shaky, and the ones for newer firmware (2.2.1 and above) are total junk, work for 3 days to a week and then break. At the aforementioned stall, they've just rolled out a nifty all-software crack that will let your sim work fine, you'll get edge network (gprs/2.5g cell network) everywhere through China Mobile if you set up a monthly plan, and best of all, it runs apps that shouldn't run on 2.0.1 firmware. Send me a pm when you buy it and I can teach you how to get apps for free via bit torrent and put any videos you want on your phone. All best,

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.